This year's Allotment Show was to have been held on Sunday, September 6. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it has been deemed best to cancel the show this year. Stay tuned, though, for information how you can still compete for prizes - virtually!
To download this year's NEW SHOW SCHEDULE, please click on page.
2020 Show Secretary:
Here is how it would have been . . .
Had our show taken place as usual this year, here's what you would have enjoyed during a beautiful afternoon on the allotments:
* Exhibits of our members' vegetables, flowers, fruit, jams, and cakes. There is even a Novelty Section for the more unusual entries. It all makes for interesting viewing, and you can get to see what talented gardeners we have on the site.
* Stalls from which you can buy plants, fresh produce, books, honey, and the always-popular GCAA calendar.
* The chance to win not just one but two fantastic baskets full of goodies in raffles that will benefit the National Garden Scheme and the GCAA.
* The Bottle Tombola - a fun activity for young and old alike!
* For the kids: the opportunity to win acclaim for guessing the weight of the pumpkin or the number of sweets in the jar.
* A tremendous array of homemade goods to choose from in our teas hut - savouries, sandwiches, salads, cakes, and more, all donated by our generous members - not to mention thirst-quenching tea and squash.
* A tour of the allotments (starting from 2 pm).
* The awarding of trophies and applause to all those who have entered exhibits in the Show, including the presentation to our Gardener of the Year!